RCP podcast on “Air pollution and health inequalities” by Professor Sir Stephen Holgate and Dr Jenny Baverstock
- The discussion centres on:
- The importance of engagement by the medical and health community.
- There are no “safe levels” of air pollution.
- Air pollutants as drivers of NCDs through systemic exposures.
- Air pollution as a factor in COVID-19 and other infectious lung diseases.
- The right of people to breathe clean air as they have drinking clean water (inequalities etc).
- Should we be aiming for more than simply agreeing air quality limits?
Please see Spotify link below.